Make A Sentence
Users take turns writing one word each in a dedicated channel to make up a sentence together! PixxieBot publishes the finished sentence once a user types a word ending with punctuation, or just punctuation (for example,
This is a live demo of the game in action.
Before you start, there are a few requirements:
- Create a dedicated channel where your members will write their sentences. This channel cannot be used for anything else. You can name the channel whatever you want.
- Decide where you want the finished sentences to be published. This can be anywhere (some common choices are in general chat, or in another dedicated channel so they can all be found again easily, or in the sentence-writing channel itself).
This is a live demo of the explanation below.
- 1.Run the
-sentencecommand in any channel where PixxieBot has permissions.
- 2.PixxieBot will ask for the name of the channel where members will write their words. Simply type the name of this channel in chat (for example: #make-a-sentence).
- 3.Then PixxieBot will confirm that choice and ask you for the name of the channel where the finished sentences should be posted. Simply type the name of this channel in chat (for example: #finished-sentences or #general-chat).
- 4.The setup is complete. PixxieBot will post a confirmation message in the setup channel with the links to the two channels you chose. PixxieBot will also post explainers for your members in each channel.
It is not currently possible to delete or edit words that PixxieBot has reacted to with a green check mark.
To change the channels where your sentences get written or published, just run the
-sentencecommand again and choose the channels you want to use.
If for any reason you would like to permanently remove the Make A Sentence game from your server and wipe all your server's sentence data from our database, use